TIME AND PLACE
The Main St. Theater
2540 Times Blvd
Houston, TX 77005
Sundays at 10AM
– CHRIST CENTERED: We are focused on Christ’s mission of bringing in and leading those not yet on their faith journey. We accomplish this by being Biblically based in our faith and practices, and by being spiritually animated in our words, actions, and plans.
– AUDACIOUSLY GENEROUS: Generous with our money, time, and talents, brazenly responding with blessings to our neighborhood, other ministries, and global needs. Because of this we are service oriented in our approach to our community, reaching out through compassion and social responsibility.
– COMMUNITY CRAFTED: We engineered with the University Village community in mind. We stay authentic in our community relationships by being committed to our mission in the community. We also create outlets that match the needs of our community in which we can walk Christ-followers through open doors for action.
BELIEFS AND AFFILIATIONS
VillageHouston ascribes of the classical statements of faith of the Apostles’ and Nicene Creeds. We also confess the following statement of faith.
Our Beliefs through Faith:
1. The Bible as we have it, written in the original languages, is completely inspired by God, and serves as our authoritative guide for faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21)
2. There is only One True God, known as the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; John 14:16-17)
3. As God’s Son, Jesus is both completely man and completely God. (Matthew 1:23; Hebrews 7:26; 1 Corinthians 15:3; Matthew 28:6; Acts 1:11)
4. Humanity’s sin has separated it from God, and the only way to restore the relationship is forgiveness offered through Jesus Christ, making us right before God and leading us on a life-long path to God. (Romans 5:12-19; Luke 24:47; Titus 3:5-7)
5. There are two ways from the bible that show our commitment and obedience to Christ that we should absolutely follow:
a. Water Baptism (Mark 16:16; Acts 10:47,48)
b. Participating in Holy Communion (1 Corinthians 11:26)
6. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a free gift for all believers that will give them strength to live life as a witness of Jesus Christ. (Acts 1:8; 2:4; 19:1-7)
7. There is one Holy Universal Church that has a mission to evangelize the world, disciple followers of Christ, worship God, and provide Christ-like works of compassion to all. (Mark 16:15, 16; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 4:11-16; James 1:27)
8. At any time Jesus will return, judge the world, and begin a time of eternal relationship with those who follow Him and eternal separation from those who choose not to follow. (1 Thessalonians 4:16,17; Revelation 20:11-13; 2 Peter 3:13)
VillageHouston is a sovereign congregation of the General Council of the Assemblies of God.